The Power of Mindfulness in Psychotherapy
- List three specific ways to integrate mindfulness-based theory and practice when working with patients
- List three findings based on neuroscientific research showing how mindfulness can increase empathy, bolster resiliency and prevent relapse into depression
- List two self-compassion practices, which promote healing and forgiveness around emotional pain
Upcoming Dates For This Seminar
All seminars run from 9am to 4pm.
In the past 10 years the philosophy, practice and science behind mindfulness in psychotherapy has woven its way into the mainstream. Programs such as Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP) provide practical way to introduce clients to mindfulness as a means to treat stress, depression, and addiction. This seminar will help you understand what mindfulness is, the science behind it, and practical applications in clinical practice for stress, anxiety, depression and addiction. As a therapist you will also learn ways to integrate this work for your own self-care.
Elisha Goldstein Ph.D.
is author of The Now Effect: How This Moment Can Change The Rest Of Your Life and co-author of A Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Workbook. As a licensed Psychologist, he teaches mindfulness-based programs in his own practice and through InsightLA. He has spoken at the UCLA Mindfulness and Psychotherapy Conference, The NICABM Conference, The Psychotherapy Networker, FACES, UCLA Semel Institute and Anxiety Disorder Clinic, the University of Washington with Dr. Alan Marlatt, and often hosts daylong courses at UCLA Extension. He is author of the popular Mindfulness and Psychotherapy Blog on Psychcentral.com and also writes for Huffingtonpost and Mentalhelp.net. He has designed the 12-week Mindfulness at Work program that is currently being conducted in many multinational corporations and has been published in The Journal of Clinical Psychology and quoted in the New York Daily News, Reuters, NPR, UCLA Today,Examiner.com, Beliefnet.com, Body & Soul, and The Week Magazine. His previous popular CDs and MP3 Albums include Mindful Solutions for Stress, Anxiety and Depression, Mindful Solutions for Addiction and Relapse Prevention, Mindful Solutions for Success and Stress Reduction at Work, and Mindful Solutions for Adults with ADD/ADHD, and an the Mindful Solutions at Work App.
A continental breakfast, catered lunch, and afternoon snacks are included in the registration fee for all seminars.
The course fee is determined by the date of payment in relation to the course date:
- Early Registration: If payment is received 3 weeks prior to the seminar date.
- Regular Registration: For payments received by the Wednesday prior to the seminar date.
- Last Minute Registration: For payments received the Thursday or Friday prior to the weekend of the seminar. Last minute registration is dependent on available space.
There is a $35.00 processing fee, per seminar, for refunds requested by the Wednesday prior to the weekend of the seminar. After that time, there will be no refunds. If a course must be cancelled due to an unforeseen event (e.g., natural disaster, instructor illness), the seminar will be rescheduled. Participants will be credited to take the rescheduled course or another PPS seminar. No refunds will be given.
CLICK HERE for more information.